Archive for September, 2009
Here are some blog posts that I starred this week in my reader.
- Quit Managing Your Time… and Start Managing Your Attention by Lee J. Colan & David Cottrell
- The Duct Tape Programmer by Joel Spolsky
- Crossing the Internal Chasm by Thierry Roullier
- Death To Personas! Long Live Personas! by Elizabeth Bacon
- Product Owners are The Guardians by Peter DeYoe
- Double Response Rates for Your Win Loss Analysis Program by Ken Allred
Just for fun:
Bob Corrigan pointed this one out to me. Say what you will about Microsoft, this is a fine scenario-based demo.
If you can't see the embedded video, try here.
Whenever I encounter a new company or product, I immediately want to hear a story about how the product will be used. Not vague explanations of how someone might want to do something and not how it will create synergy. Give me an example of its use!
Bob writes in nice persona-driven demo:
Sometimes product managers leave the "marketing stuff" up to the
"marketing people". When it comes to how your products are
demonstrated, don't let this happen. Make sure you connect capabilities
to value by grounding them in problems people have, and how you help
them solve those problems.
- Are you in the market looking for new opportunities?
- Are you are worried about the future in your current position?
- Do you stand out from the crowd as a product management leader
YOU ARE THE PRODUCT! Now what? This session will discuss practical methods for increasing your career success in today's marketplace.
How you market yourself give the hiring manager a clue of how you'd market his or her product, don't you think?
Join me today at 1:00 ET/10:00PT for a webinar on The Strategic Role of Product Management. I'll discuss the updated Pragmatic Marketing Framework and the challenges of product management in different departments. I may even have some new stories–or old jokes. Let's wait and see.